Buffetbandits Bon Appetit
Code Red Chili
- 2 large yello onions, diced
- 6 jalapeno peppers, finely diced
- 7 habenero peppers, finely diced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (12 ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo (finely minced and include all of the adobo as well)
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 lb bacon (chopped into strips and par pan fried)
- 1 lb hot italian sausage (taken out of casing and made into bite size pieces and par cooked)
- 2 lbs beef chuck (cut into bite size pieces and par cooked)
- 1 lb ground beef, par cooked
- 1 tablespoon hot paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup chili powder
- 1 head garlic, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons oregano (mexican if available), crushed
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle mole
Par cook and/or sear the meats.
In a 6-Qt. Crock Pot layer as follows: onions, garlic, jalapenos, habaneros, kidney beans, black beans, chipotle peppers, crushed tomatoes, ground beef, chopped bacon, hot Italian sausage & beef chuck.
In a blender, combine the beef broth with the mole sauce and pour the mixture over top.
Mix together all the spices and set aside.
Cook everything but the spices in the Crock Pot at low setting for 8 hours.
Five hours into cooking add the spices and cover with juices from the mixture.
When done cooking, carefully mix together in the Crock Pot, or transfer contents to a 7.5-qt stock pot and mix everything together.
Serve and enjoy.
From the belly of the Bandit , Bon Appetit